Unable to find file RSSharePointSoapProxy error in SQL Reporting Services SharePoint mode


After installing SQL Reporting Services on our Web front end servers, our Sharepoint site crashed and burned with the following error in the event log

Unhandled exception was caught:
System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: Could not load file or
assembly ‘RSSharePointSoapProxy, Version=9.0.242.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91’ or one of its dependencies. The system
cannot find the file specified. (c:\inetpub\wwwroot\web.config line 68) —>
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly
‘RSSharePointSoapProxy, Version=9.0.242.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91’ or one of its dependencies. The system
cannot find the file specified.
File name: ‘RSSharePointSoapProxy, Version=9.0.242.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91’

We had just installed the SharePoint Reporting Services add-in , so were sure that the necessary assemblies were on the server, since there were no errors during the installation. However we noticed that the installation was done with a non-admin account.

Resolution:

Running the installation using the same service account as the SharePoint application pool resolved the issue

Advertisements

SQL Reporting Services and SharePoint Integrated Mode 401 errors


After setting up SQL Reporting Services in SharePoint Integrated mode, trying to access the Report Server site using http://<remoteserver>:8080/ReportServer gave 401 errors. One weird thing that we noticed was when trying to set authentication to NTLM on our IIS web site, our values were getting reset to Anonymous access. A quick Google search brought up this post, which had the fix for the issue

Resolution:

Run the following from a command prompt within the C:\inetpub\AdminScripts folder

cscript adsutil.vbs set w3svc/NTAuthenticationProviders “NTLM”

Here is the link to the post

http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1379070&SiteID=17

 

 

 

SQL Reporting Services Install issue in SharePoint Integrated mode


When trying to set the Web Service Identity within the Reporting Services Configuration Manager in a SharePoint integrated mode , we encountered the following issue

ReportServicesConfigUI.WMIProvider.WMIProviderException: An unknown error has occurred in the WMI Provider. Error Code 80070003
   at ReportServicesConfigUI.WMIProvider.RSReportServerAdmin.SetWebServiceIdentity(String applicationPool)

At first we thought the WMI provider was corrupted and tried to go that route for resolving this issue. After quite some time we figured that it may have been something with the applicationPool and hence started looking at the Web site configuration within IIS. Sure enough, in the ASP.NET tab for the web site, there was no entry for the ASP.NET version. After setting the value to 2.0 , we re-ran the configuration and the issue was fixed.

Resolution:

Check to make sure the right ASP.NET version is selected on your Reporting services website.  While you are there ensure that the ASP.NET web service extension is set to Allowed.  If these dont fix your issue running the aspnet_regiis -i might help as well ( I havent tried this!)

%d bloggers like this: